Thursday, March 3, 2011

{Lobsta Potata Bacon Chowda}




Linking up with The Prairie Story today!! I had 4 P.E.I lobster sitting in my freezer, and I have been wanting to make lobster bisque for soo soo long, but when I saw how hard the recipie for that was I decided on a chowder istead! This was the most delicious, amazing, flavorful soup EVER! And really easy and fast to make!

You need:
-3 bacon strips
-1 small onion
-1 clove garlic
-3 tbsp flour
-1 tsp basil
-1/2 tsp pepper
-3 cups chicken broth
-3 medium potatoes
-1 cup half and half
-3 small lobsters or 1 big one
-1 small can of corn



You need to do:
-Boil your potatoes until they are almost done...and shuck your lobster getting nice big chunks!
-In a large sauce pan cook bacon and slice in to peices, set bacon aside once crispy. Saute onion, and garlic in bacon drippings until tender. Add flour, basil, and pepper mix well. Gradually add broth, corn, bacon, potatoes, and lobster, bring to a boil for 2 minutes and then simmer.




No comments:

Post a Comment