Monday, July 25, 2011

{Tip Me Tuesday-Paper Bunting}



I have professed my love for Bunting before here, I called them vintage banners but they are the same thing! You say tomatoe I say tomato! And I finally got around to making some, they were so easy too! So I'm linking up with Tip Junkie for Tip me Tuesday to show you all how to make your very own. Bunting is a perfect whimsical decoration for any bridal shower, baby shower, birthday, or family gathering.



So I started at my local scrap book store on the cricut machine. For the lettering I used the storybook cartridge pictured on the left. You put the cartridge in the machine, punch in your letters and it starts to work it's magic!! Buzzing along cutting out perfect little shapes and letters.

This bunting is going to be used at my bridal shower, so I picked the words LOVE and TREVOR <3 DALLAS.



After I finished up at the scrap book store, I went home and gathered the following supplies:
-Ruler
-Rotary cutter
-Hole puncher
-Adhesive
-Cutting mat
-Ribbon
*You don't need a rotary cutter or a mat for this project, you could just use scissors*


For the bunting "flags" I started with a 12x12 sheet of paper and cut it in half. I made sure the top of each flag measured 4 inches and then used my ruler to cut at an angle coming down to a point. Once my flags were complete I started to glue on my letters!


Still with me?? If you were able to follow my poor directions {sorry I'm not that great at tutorials yet} you should get something that looks like the picture above.


Next I used my hole puncher to make holes in the corners of the flags.
Then I strung them together with ribbon and bibity bobity boo...they were done!! haha just like that!!

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I love love love bunting! But always thought the name was a little wierd... I like 'vintage banners' way better :) I'm collecting scraps of my favorite fabrics to sew one as decor in our living room!!
    xo
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I'll have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete