Thursday, August 11, 2011

{Guest Post-Bonnie Rose}

Here where I live in Fargo ND - summers here are extremely short. A few short months of warm weather, then the temps around here get colder, the winds blow more, and soon it's winter for another long 6 months. Brrrrrr. It's no wonder my husband and I want to move south in a few years. It's no wonder.



So back to my question.
Are you REALLY enjoying your summer?
Are you taking the time you need for YOU?

Self-care is something I very strongly believe in. It's so easy to get lost in all the gatherings, the responsibilities, the family outings - that well, you tend to lose yourself in all that busyness. It's so easy to put your own needs aside to cater to everyone else in your life. Or is this just me? Am I the only one that feels this way?
I just wanted today - to inspire you -
to take some time FOR YOU.

It can be a few minutes, a few hours. It could be a day or two. You know what you need. The important point here is that you just DO IT. Do it. Take that time for yourself. Don't feel guilty. Don't feel there are just too many other things to accomplish or to do. Just breathe and forget all that.
Go outside and read your favorite book, listen to your favorite music. Do what excites you, whatever that may be. Take some photographs of your world. Write in your journal. Play with paints. Sit by your sewing machine and just play with the fabrics and the thread. There doesn't have to be any real plans. Just take that much-needed time for you.


Self-care.
We all need it.
We all do.

Take the time every day - to nurture the woman you are.
You'll be so so glad you did.

Take the time. I dare you.
XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, I think it's exactly what I needed to hear right now. I am desperate for some time to just BE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO so happy I could inspire you today! xo hugs

    ReplyDelete